Senior Electrical Engineer (Printed Circuit Design)
Current DOD security clearance.
- Assist in the capture and management of Hardware requirements
- Design digital printed circuit assemblies incorporating complex devices (FPGA, SoC) and high-speed digital interfaces (PCIe 2.0/3.0, USB 3.0, etc.)
- Oversee vendor production of prototype printed circuit assemblies,
- Create FPGA hosted firmware
- Work with engineering management, Integrated Project Teams (IPT), Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and others to resolve integration issues and concerns.
- Prepare technical documentation (design & requirements artifacts, test cases, etc.), white papers, trade-studies, and briefing material as assigned
- Provide guidance and oversight as required for technicians, vendors, and subcontractors as requested
- Perform hardware integration testing
- Perform estimations of engineering effort / bids for hardware design
- Prepare and evaluate product and system level cost, schedule and performance risks. Participate in the government led risk management process.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply on line at http://www.goctsi.com EEO/Vet/Disability
Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
BS degree (MS preferred) in Electrical Engineering (EE) or Computer Engineering (CE) from an ABET accredited engineering program
- Minimum five years of recent experience in mixed signal printed circuit card design, schematic capture, creation and management of schematics, PCB parts library, board layout, BOM and Gerber generation.
- Experience with OrCAD (preferred) or Altium for board design
- Power Delivery Network and Signal Integrity experience
- Experience developing electronics hardware architecture - high level block diagram - down to board level design
- Experience with firmware design, test and debug - VHDL preferred
- Competent with both analog and digital electronics including ADC, DAC, DC-DC converters, op-amp and filter designs
- Competency in FPGA and SOC HW / SW interfaces and definitions
- Experienced with requirement definition documents
- Experienced working with SW engineers on SW / HW integration
- Two years of VHDL development - 5 years preferred
- Knowledge of Xilinx tools preferred - Vivado, Test Bench, Synthesis
- Knowledge of ModelSim
- Experience with high speed digital interfaces such as PCIe2.0/3.0, USB 3.0, DDR3/DDR4, Gigabit Ethernet, and SerDes
- Desired (not required) RF skills include Software Defined Radio (SDR) theory and design; Familiarity with RF Data Link technology including various modulation and wave-form techniques; Spread-spectrum / frequency hopping; UHF (L-band) pulse RF technology
Does this position sound like a good fit? Send us your resume!