Senior Acquisition Specialist
Performs hands-on execution of acquisition services and make measurable progress toward achieving program goals. Interfaces and works closely with contracting to provide suitable, timely, and accurate contract execution packages. Plans and prepares Request for Quote (RFQ) and Request for Proposal (RFP) packages (e.g., Statement of Objectives (SOO), Instructions to Offerors (ITO), Evaluation Criteria, etc.) and assists in proposal evaluation to ensure program objectives are fully met and to ensure consistency across projects/programs.
Builds/modifies briefings and other executive level documents/products using Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint. Reaches out to “subject area experts” for briefing/background information. Prepares issue/background papers and may brief senior staff on program-related topics.
Responsible for providing assistance with contract reports, contract performance monitoring and other contract management duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Engineering or other business related field.
- Requirements include a minimum of five (5) years experience in supporting NAVAIR program management activities, a detailed understanding of the NAVAIR acquisition process, familiarity with Naval Aviation, and a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite.
- Candidates must have demonstrated experience with DoD 5000.2 program milestone documentation, milestone related brief preparation, correspondence, and preparation of similar acquisition documentation with minimal supervision.
- Superior interpersonal skills are a must, including the ability to interact in a professional manner with senior level government managers and teammates during periods of high stress and tight deadlines.
- Current DOD security clearance preferred.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply on line at http://www.goctsi.com EEO/Vet/Disability
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Does this position sound like a good fit? Send us your resume!