Mid-Level/Senior Systems Engineer
Our engineering team supporting Combat Integration and Identification Systems has immediate openings for mid-level and senior Systems Engineers. The positions are located at a US Navy facility in Southern Maryland in support of Identification, Friend or Foe (IFF) technology and involve direct customer interaction and cross-organization teamwork. The successful candidates must be willing to locate to St. Mary’s County, Maryland and either possess, or can obtain, at minimum, a Secret security clearance.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply on line at http://www.goctsi.com EEO/Vet/Disability
Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
ABET accredited degree in an Engineering Discipline (Mechanical, Computer, or Electrical)
- System architecture & design;
- Requirements management, capture & decomposition;
- System Test procedures including Test Case Development & Formal testing practices
- System integration;
- Engineering Estimation (Sr. Only)
- Project planning; (Sr. Only)
- Earned value management (Sr. Only)
- In addition to the general skills listed, the ideal candidate will bring experience from the following specific technologies and engineering tools:
- Digital Communication theory and techniques
- Avionics system design, requirements and integration;
- Avionics identification and navigation systems
- Dedicated requirements management tools such as DOORS;
- SysML and/or UML (SysML preferred);
- Change Request / Change Management (CR/CM) tracking tools such as IBM ClearQuest.
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools such as Sparx EA, or IBM Rational Rhapsody Designer.
- The candidate must have well developed oral communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate system design information to a large spectrum of engineering disciplines. Additionally, the position requires solid writing skills and creativity in problem solving with an ability to act independently as well as an effective part of a team.
- Evidence of prior successful leadership experience is a plus.
Does this position sound like a good fit? Send us your resume!