Junior Image Processor Engineer
Coherent Technical Services, Inc. (CTSi) is seeking Junior-level Machine Learning and Image Processor Engineers for an exciting new program for Class 1 railroads. We are looking for a talented Image Processing Engineers who wants to make a big difference and contribute to developing and fielding future state-of-the-art sensor platforms for railroad operations. In this role, you will work alongside experts in various scientific and engineering disciplines to develop image processing algorithms for object detecting and classifying rail obstructions for safe locomotive operations.
- Design, develop, and test image processing algorithms based on both classical and learned features.
- Derive and evaluate open-source algorithms (i.e. OpenCV). Tune algorithms to detect, evaluate and classify sensor-detectable image features.
- Generate algorithm description documents.
- Develop system-level understanding and perform tasks relevant to image quality optimization and improvement
- Develop and create basic image processing techniques: enhancement, feature recognition and segmentation
- Work within a cohesive software development team implementing Agile Software development methodologies
BSEE/Computer Science or technical degree from an accredited college/university.
Individual will have a strong academic and analytical background with 5 years of experience:
- Software Development, Algorithms, C++, Computer Vision(CV), Camera, Image Processing, Digital Signal Processing, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Linux Device Drivers, Linux Kernel, Matlab, Deep Neural Networks (DNN), OpenCV, OpenCL, Embedded Systems, PCB Design (schematic, layout, bringup, signal integrity, logic analyzer, oscilloscope).
- Interest in Deep Neural Networks (DNN)/Deep Learning.
- Interest with Convolutional and Recurrent Neural Networks.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Familiar with Agile Software Development methodologies on development programs.
- Good knowledge on embedded middleware, applications and services.
- An ability to work in a team environment; provide constructive alternatives/approaches to solving issues; be flexible; have a strong sense of urgency for critical tasks; and must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while effectively managing schedule and communicating process.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply on line at http://www.goctsi.com EEO/Vet/Disability
Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Does this position sound like a good fit? Send us your resume!