Senior Electrical Engineer II (Printed Circuit Design)
Our engineering team supporting Combat Integration and Identification Systems has an immediate opening for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer. The position is located at a US Navy facility in Southern Maryland in support of Identification, Friend or Foe (IFF) technology and involves direct customer interaction and cross-organization teamwork. The successful candidate’s primary technical focus will be electrical hardware design, but aptitude for firmware and software are a definite plus. The position is full-time, on-site in St. Mary’s County, Maryland and requires possession of, or eligibility to obtain, a Secret security clearance.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Assist in the capture and management of Hardware requirements
- Design digital printed circuit assemblies incorporating complex devices (FPGA, SoC)
- Oversee vendor production of prototype printed circuit assemblies
- Prepare technical documentation (design & requirements artifacts, test cases, etc.), white papers, trade-studies, and briefing material as assigned
- Perform hardware integration testing
- Prepare and evaluate product and system level cost, schedule and performance risks Participate in the government led risk management process.
Education: BS degree (MS preferred) in Electrical Engineering (EE) or Computer Engineering (CE) from an ABET accredited engineering program
The successful candidate will possess many of the following skills and professional experiences:
- Minimum five years of recent experience in mixed signal printed circuit card design, schematic capture, creation and management of schematics, PCB parts library, board layout, BOM and Gerber generation.
- Experience with OrCAD (preferred) or Altium for PCB design
- Experience developing electronics hardware architecture - high level block diagram - down to board level design
- Firmware design, test and debug using VHDL (preferred) or Verilog
- Competency in FPGA and SOC HW / SW interfaces and definitions
- Experienced with requirement definition documents
- Experienced working with SW engineers on SW / HW integration
- Highly desired: Knowledge of Xilinx tools - Vivado, Test Bench, Synthesis
- Knowledge of ModelSim
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply on line at http://www.goctsi.com EEO/Vet/Disability
Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Does this position sound like a good fit? Send us your resume!