Sr. Systems Engineer
Our engineering team supporting Combat Integration and Identification Systems has an immediate opening for a Senior Systems Engineer. The position is located at a US Navy facility in Southern Maryland in support of Identification, Friend or Foe (IFF) Systems. This is a technical lead position for a “clean-sheet” system design. The candidate must have excellent oral communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate system design information to a large spectrum of engineering disciplines, as well as customers at all leadership levels. The successful candidate must be willing to work full time in St. Mary’s County, Maryland and either possess, or be eligible to receive, a Secret security clearance.
The successful candidate will demonstrate successful experience in the following tasks and skills:
- System architecture & design, including documentation / artifact capture;
- Requirements management, including capture, decomposition, & tracing;
- Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) administration, including drafting, processing, & updating;
- System Engineering Technical Review (SETR) event coordination, preparation, & presentation;
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Techniques & Tools (Such as Sparx EA, IBM Rational Rhapsody Designer, NoMagic Cameo, etc.)
- System integration & testing;
- Engineering Project Management including assignment delegation & monitoring, schedule creation and management, and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) creation;
- Change Request / Change Management (CR/CM) techniques & processes.
BS degree (MS preferred) in Electrical Engineering (EE) or Computer Engineering (CE) from an ABET accredited engineering program. Alternatively, candidates with a BS in Computer Science (MS preferred) may be considered.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply on line at http://www.goctsi.com EEO/Vet/Disability
Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Does this position sound like a good fit? Send us your resume!