Coherent Technical Services, Inc. is seeking an Engineer/CS candidate in the San Diego area to support the Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Pacific in the upgrade, development, integration and demonstration of software enhancements and Global Positioning System (GPS) Navigation Simulator (NAVSIM) design changes to effectively support the integration and testing of the GPS-based Position, Navigation and Timing System (GPNTS). GPNTS supports mission-critical real-time positioning, navigation, and timing (PNT) data services, including weapons, combat systems, and other command, control, communications and intelligence systems that require PNT information supporting Navy surface and subsurface platforms. This individual will be responsible for developing modeling and simulation capabilities including real-time control and integration of GPS simulators and receivers within crew/hardware-in-the-loop simulations, and the modeling of platform systems and subsystems.
Must possess a BS degree in Computer, Electrical or Electronics Engineering or Mathematics with field of concentration in Computer Science
Individual will have a strong academic and analytical background with:
- An ability to work in a team environment; provide constructive alternatives/approaches to solving issues; be flexible; have a strong sense of urgency for critical tasks; and must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while effectively managing schedule and communicating process.
- Hardware, firmware, software and systems engineering, design and integration.
- Object Oriented design, UNIX and LINUX operating systems as well as Microsoft products.
- CM tools (SVN, GIT, Confluence, JIRA).
- Must have Security Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer, Electrical or Electronics Engineering or Mathematics with field of concentration in Computer Science.
- Two to four (2-4) years of professional experience.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply on line at http://www.goctsi.com EEO/Vet/Disability
Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Does this position sound like a good fit? Send us your resume!