Coherent Technical Services, Inc. is seeking a Test Engineer in the San Diego area to support Naval Warfare (SPAWAR) Systems Center (SSC) Pacific Government engineers in the planning, testing and integration of Modernized GPS User Equipment (MGUE). This individual will be responsible for developing modeling and simulation capabilities including real-time control and integration of GPS simulators and receivers within crew/hardware-in-the-loop simulations, and the modeling of platform systems and subsystems.
BSEE or Computer Science from an accredited college/university
- 5 plus years of hardware, firmware, software and systems engineering, design and integration experience.
- Modeling and simulation capabilities including real-time control and integration of GPS simulators and receivers within crew/hardware-in-the-loop simulations, and the modeling of avionics systems and subsystems.
- Design experience with the Advanced Global Navigation Simulator (AGNS) and AGNS Test Station (ATS).
- Working knowledge of crypto processing activities on the Modernized Signal Test Asset (MSTA) and Modernized Receiver Test Asset (MRTA) developments.
- Working knowledge of GPS Antenna Wavefront Simulator and Avionics Windtunnel programs.
- Experience developing hardware, software system specifications and interface control documentation, along with the development of an Advanced Development Module simulator.
- Experience identifying laboratory enhancements for emerging advancements in GPS technology and qualifying system-level specifications and ICDs for new GPS test and evaluation systems.
- Familiarity with the development of the GPS Modernization Receiver Test Asset, Modernization Signal Test Asset and ATS programs
- Familiarity with Matlab, C, C++, Object Oriented design, UNIX and LINUX operating systems as well as Microsoft products.
- U.S. Citizenship for security clearance eligibility. Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- An ability to work in a team environment; provide constructive alternatives/approaches to solving issues; be flexible; have a strong sense of urgency for critical tasks; and must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while effectively managing schedule and communicating process.
- Active Top Security clearance being a plus.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Does this position sound like a good fit? Send us your resume!